http://bubble-gum-.blogspot.com
<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7765316?origin\x3dhttp://bubble-gum-.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, September 13, 2013

I've been back from Germany for almost a week now, and I still miss the place so much, even though I was only there for 9 days... lol. Feels terrible though ): I'd give anything to be back in Deutschland again, truly.

Everything about the place is lovely! okay, maybe Frankfurt wasn't as captivating as the rest of the small towns and Karlsruhe was a bit boring ( a bit too "ruhig" in my opinion hahaha) but as a whole I still loved the experience - travelling around just like the rest of the german people do, (instead of on a tour bus or on a taxi) and also walking for miles and miles under the blazing sun but not really perspiring hehe, conversing with people in german,eating german food, the list goes on!!  haha I really think my decade-old love affair with this beautiful country is unlikely to be over any time soon. (:

in fact, I always seem to be drawn to all things German, somehow, and in some cases, I didn't even realise the thing was of German origin until much later! like...
1) Alphaville! I didn't realise they were a german band lol, but I have always always loved their song Forever Young since I was a kid (i.e. way before this love for Germany came about).
2) one of my most beloved christmas songs from the Fresh Aire album, is from the band Mannheim steamroller! ok so Mannheim steamroller is actually an American band, but they got some of their musical influence from Mannheim! wow! (:
3) Thomas sabo, the brand of my charm bracelet, turned out to be a German brand too! I just found out today lol... my mom actually liked it first that's why she bought it as my birthday gift 3 years ago, but I loved the brand after that hehe, cos their charms are just so pretty gosh! (and no wonder haha.... german quality ^^)
4) Merci chocolates - seems like they are from France but actually it's made by a german company! woots!
5) Volkswagen cars - cute looking and german-bred! aww! (:
6) Ritter sport chocolate

okay and the list goes on.... things like Haribo gummies, Impact sweets, Hanuta wafers, woohoo! and a lot of things in my house are made by german companies it seems!! though those were bought by my mom, not me, hahaa but it still feels like I have a huge affinity with all things German ((: hehe!

I used to work in Sennheiser after A levels! (: another german-related thing lol.

omggg i kinda regret not studying in Germany now... ): after I came back, I've been entertaining the thought of doing my masters in Germany, so I can get the opportunity to live there for a while again... but then apparently my license isn't recognised in all EU countries, so first I'd have to convert my license (involves a lot of things like taking a theory and practical test and maybe going through additional courses in school before I am licensed to practise there) and taking another undergrad degree in medicine (this is nuts really, I'd be a granny by the time I'm done) before I can even begin to apply for residency in a German hospital and start specialising. then the residency there takes 4-6 years gosh. so long!! while this certainly gives me a lot of time to be in my beloved country, it may be unrealistic when the time comes, cos really, who knows what will happen by then? ): I don't even know if i will be able to spend so much time abroad, much less whether finances will permit (i mean it is gonna be expensive to pay tuition fees and living costs blahblah)

but oh dear. I guess I am really thinking too far ahead hehe. but it is a nice thought to entertain hehe, although it again makes me wanna kick myself for choosing dentistry over engineering, because dentistry is a regulated profession, and  this licensing thing is freaking troublesome if you wanna practice abroad, whereas engineers generally have free reign over wherever they wanna move to. AND germany is one of those countries that are unparalleled in terms of engineering standards sigh, but perhaps not so much for dentistry or medicine (but im not sure about this yet haha they could be really awesome at it for all I know) so if I were to really further my studies over there, it would purely be just romantic idealism on my part lol, simply because being able to stay in germany for a prolonged period of time would make me really really happy hahaha (though the realistic thing to do would be to go to a country renowned for surgical technique sigh )

I still want to kick myself sometimes though... at the end of the day it always still seems to me that I chose wrongly right at the start, in year 2010, and this path that I've chosen seems to lead me further and further away from things that make me happy sigh. (other than the opportunity to end work before 5 pm that is) either i'm masochistic or crazy or something, or is it just that most humans (including me) tend to end up doing things that make them unhappy?

oh gosh, how i miss Deutschland! ): argh. ): i sound like a crazy fangirl right now, but really, when faced with the new school term that is starting in just a week's time, and the memories of a beautiful beautiful place, of course I always end up thinking of Deutschland lol. really enjoyed my time there omg, the people were mostly nice, and the scenery was just beautiful. ((: and this is one of the few countries in the world where you can hear the german language being spoken like 24/7 (duh haha). transportation here is efficient, and their punctuality really is impressive... if they say that the next tram is coming in 5 mins, it really will turn up exactly 5 mins later.. RESPECT. railway trains here leave and arrive on the dot, it's so amazing. coffee is so cheap here omg, it's more worth it to drink coffee than water! (: hehe another plus point for this place... :D  people here generally dress in a very simple and understated manner, but not sloppy at all, and I'd give them plus points for that too haha (even though I personally like to wear more colourful/patterned stuff haha but i do think their dress sense suits them lol )

and their buildings here! oh gosh.. the architecture!! so pretty! ((: hehe they give the whole city/town a really romantic feel. (: I'm sure Germany could easily be on par with Paris or something, in terms of romantic feel, but somehow most people just prefer paris lol (either that or I'm sorely biased hehe) 

And most of the people here have such nice features omg, pretty eyes, nice noses, defined jawlines, tall, etc. whether they are guys or  girls, they are mostly nice to look at hehe (: though perhaps they find us asians fascinating as well lol i guess it's all a matter of perspective! i still remember my first night in heidelberg, where this guy came up to me and tried to take a photo of my face with his fingers lol (you know the lame thing where they use their thumbs and index fingers to make a photo frame haha) but I suspect he was also slightly drunk hehe he was like going "HEYY photo photo!!"  but so cute nevertheless! maybe it was his first time seeing an asian girl around lol.

anyway, I am going to go back to germany someday again i swear! If the studying thing doesn't work out, and if working there doesn't work out either (because of this dratted license in this darned regulated profession omg) I will at least make sure I go back for a holiday trip or something!! ahhh my favourite country in the world, so long!!

for now i should probably try to snap out of this though hehe, I can't focus on preparing for the next sem because I keep thinking of germany and how much I wanna live there for good lol. stop this now! argh! well at least now I have one more motivation not to stay back 6 months lol, because I have to think of how a further education there will be so so lengthy, that I can't afford an additional 6 months off my life really. hehehe.



Disappeared @ 2:46 PM ♥






Profile ♥
nicole
rgs
rjc
112'04
212'05
313'06
413'07
strings
09S06W
harmonica

Cupcake Chats ♥

Get your own tagboard here!




Disappeared Cupcakes ♥
amanda
annie
an shing
benjamin
celine
chng min
clement
dawn wong
daniel
edwin
elaine
evelyn
fanfan
grace
grace ler
hong jie
hiok
jasmine
jessica
jin ning
joanna
joy
joyce
joyce lee
Fr Kenson Koh!
kellie
kevyna
linan
margaret
melanie
miffie
mr yong
neville
noreen
rachel
ruiheng
sarah
serene
shanjee
stacey
stephanie
strings
val
valencia
wanqin
weiren
xinyi
yanting
ying ming
yi tao
yu ze
zhiying


Archives ♥
July 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 August 2011 November 2011 February 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 November 2012 December 2012 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 August 2013 September 2013 November 2013 May 2014 February 2016 April 2016 June 2016
Credits ♥
Image ; DeviantArt
Edits ; AdobePhotoshop CS2
Basecodes ; Naughty123